Saturday 19 April 2014

Calming Yoga: 10 Minutes of Relaxation

I have always advocated yoga as an ideal exercise for anyone who's stressed, has digestive or joint problems, or who generally avoids exercise. Yoga is an amazing remedy for so many more conditions than I've just mentioned, but they are the top three conditions that I come across in my clients, and as yoga can do so much to help the body and mind it's one activity I would recommend over and over again. It's calming, gentle and relaxing and it doesn't feel like a chore or an intense workout. I recently discovered Total Wellness' short YouTube videos which guide you through a 10-15 minute yoga practice. Try fitting in a few of these sessions each week.

The Yoga To Make You Happy video is a particular favourite of mine, it's extremely calming and gets those feel-good hormones pumping due to the different poses' effect on the lymphatic system and thyroid gland. There are many more short yoga videos on YouTube, try a few out and hopefully you'll notice negative physical and emotional symptoms begin to ease.




No comments:

Post a Comment